|skip to content|

Relationship Problems 


If you splitting up with someone , you will have to decide if you want to stay in the home or find somewhere else.

Your housing options depend on whether you have anywhere else to stay, your rights to the home, and your financial situation

More Information

There are a range of issues to consider if you are experiencing difficulties in your relationship.  These include

  • Contacting a Counsellor or organisations such as Relate to resolve your issues
  • If you are experiencing domestic violence and need to leave the property immediately
  • Protecting your interests in a property if you are a joint owner
  • If you need to get legal advice
  • Are there issues relating to arrangements for who looks after the children

You may be entitled to a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) to help you to pay rent in advance and bond or with other expenses.  Please check the link on the right hand side.

Who is typically eligible?

Anyone who is seeking advice on how to manage a relationship break up

    Advice Articles in this category

    Please Login

    © Housing Choices 2018

    This service is brought to you by HomeGuide logo